It's the last first day of preschool

Tuesday, August 30, 2011


Today my little munchkin started her last first day of preschool. She was beyond excited for the day to finally get here. Days prior she would ask, "How many more times do I have to sleep before I start school?"

Well, today was the day! We had her outfit picked out the night before and sure enough, when morning came, she decided she wanted to wear the purple outfit instead. She looked adorable!

I found a cute hairstyle online that I wanted to try out on her and C liked it, too!

Last year, when I dropped her off on her first day, she cried and didn't want me to leave. This year, she ran to the back room, sat down and started coloring a picture. She said she was drawing it for me, but I told her that I can see it when I pick her up and she smiled and said, "okay!" and went back to coloring!

I think this is a going to be a great year for her!

And right there, as I typed that, I took a deep breath and smiled at her first day of preschool picture with misty eyes. It's a bittersweet day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment