In the blink of an eye...

Monday, March 12, 2012
It's amazing what a child can learn in the blink of an eye. One minute, my little girl is riding a bicycle with training wheels and standing her ground that removing her training wheels would be a big no-no and the next minute, she's telling me, "Mommy, I'm ready to ride on just two wheels."

Wow! I could tear up just thinking about how much she has learned in just five years. She's learned to crawl, talk, walk, run, skip, snap her fingers, memorize Selena Gomez' cd, count to 100, write her name, and now ride a bike without training wheels!

Amazing!

And now she's denying knee/elbow pads. She tells me that she doesn't need them because she wont fall down, but she knows that the moment she decides she wants to ride her big girl bike with two wheels, that she must wear a helmet before she starts pedaling away.

Today, was the first day that I got to go for a bike ride around the neighborhood with my daughter. I cannot tell you how much joy this brought me. I am beyond impressed at how well she did. Not once did she get nervous. Not once did she weeble or wobble. Not once did she fall down. She was amazing and I was so proud!

Five years old and already so grown up. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment