Some people walk into your life for a reason

Friday, June 24, 2011
I really believe that people are placed in your life for a reason. This one particular friend walked into my life when I needed a friend the most.  Who would have known that on Black Friday of 2009 that I'd be meeting my best friend and that a year later we'd become inseparable.

I would not have been able to predict that.

I will say that she is one amazing friend. We had a lot of fun together and created a lot of memories along the way. Many, many Moscato nights, Target runs, phone calls, constant texting, etc. The last two I hope to continue on a regular basis... distance has nothing on those two!

* Today was the day she would be moving away.
* Today was the day where she'd no longer live down the street.
* Today was the day that I'd shed a lot of tears.
* Today was the day that I'd leave her house and never enter it again.
* Today was the day that I'd snap a picture of her trash can with her address on it (weird, I know, but I did take a picture of it.)
* Today was the day that my kids would hang out with her kids for the last time at a local park.
* Today was the day that I'd stare at her empty house, take a deep breath and just let out a huge sigh.
* Today was the day that I was dreading....

It's not everyday that you find that perfect friend that fits you like a glove. That laughs at your pathetic jokes. That calls you stupid on a daily basis, but means it in the most loving way. That is completely honest and blunt and loving and caring. That would watch your kids in an instant if you had to make a quick run to the store. That would come by to pick up your child just to take them out to lunch. I am so emotional right now that I am unable to think of anything else.

I gave her a parting gift today. She called me stupid, of course. haha. I'm going to miss her stupid face.


{Me and my bestie back in April}


0 comments:

Post a Comment